Welcome to my site

Just a few jottings - - Random ramblings, occasional crafty creations & nature notes included. Trying to "Design a life I love" - succeeding I think -----.

Monday 31 August 2009

Bank Holiday Washout

Nice weather today here on my island - - for ducks!! I don't think it has stopped raining at all today. A wet bank holiday Monday – no surprise there then! I woke to the sound of the rain pattering on to the skylight - and it has rained all day.
Good excuse to play with crafty stuff – and I might even get to upload a few creations - but don't hold your breath!
Even in the rain my island has a special beauty - all the leaves shine as if they have been polished with Pledge. There is a definite feeling of autumn in the air now -the leaves are falling and everywhere there are berries to be seen. The hillsides are purple and gold with the heather & the gorse - their colours intensified by the rain and though I have not been further than my garden today it has been a good day.

No comments: