Welcome to my site

Just a few jottings - - Random ramblings, occasional crafty creations & nature notes included. Trying to "Design a life I love" - succeeding I think -----.

Tuesday 25 November 2008

A Weekend Getaway - -


- - the Dance Festival trip was so much fun! Though it didn't get off to the most auspicious of starts since I misread the flight take off time and we missed the plane!! DOH!!! Do I feel dumb!!It cost so much to change the ticket that we almost didn't go. If the visit hadn't been incorporating the Gallery visit that R needed for her A Level Art course we would have stayed home! In fact if I am totally honest this trip was cursed I think, since we had problems with the hire car as well- it just lost power after we had been driving about 25 miles. It was actually rather scary as we were on the motorway at the time - M55 heading to M62 so there was a fair volume of traffic. I am not a driver - so rarely "feel" the engine etc the way D does - but even I felt this! We did manage to get to Manchester though for the gallery visit - a great exhibition of Pre Raphaelite paintings - so worth a look see if you are around Moseley St.
All for now. J

No comments: