Welcome to my site

Just a few jottings - - Random ramblings, occasional crafty creations & nature notes included. Trying to "Design a life I love" - succeeding I think -----.

Saturday 30 June 2007

Manx National Week

Today is the start of Manx National Week - and the weather is dreadful!!! Really heavy rain - such a shame for all the Garden Parties that are planned for this afternoon!!There are lots of activities going on all round the island and of course we have Tynwald Day on Thursday.The churches are running their 17th Annual Flower Festival, and I do hope to get to see some of them, as they are so beautifully decorated. Each year there is a new theme for them to interpret, and it is uplifting to see how the ladies (& gentlemen) of each church interpret the theme. This year it is "Let my people go" to link in with the 200th anniversary of the abolition of slavery. I will take some photos when I visit the churches I get to. I was going to post a few pictures from last year - but I can't find ANY amongst the thousands of photos I have - yet I know I have some!!

1 comment:

scrapdolly said...

Hello my friend

Just to say I have tagged you - find out with what and why on my blog x