Welcome to my site

Just a few jottings - - Random ramblings, occasional crafty creations & nature notes included. Trying to "Design a life I love" - succeeding I think -----.

Monday 26 February 2007

SWAP

I'm so excited - I am taking part in my first ever SWAP!! I’ve always been a bit too shy to make comments on blogs etc to join in with this kind of thing but always felt it sounded such fun and until I took a couple of on line classes didn’t have confidence to do this. Just at the weekend I plucked up enough courage to express my willingness to join in and was delighted to get an email this morning telling me where too send my offering. I have made and completed a tiny book to send, so do hope she likes it. I themed it on spring. I will edit this post to add the pics later as blogger doesn't want to play nice!
Had a bit of sad news today - Liz, who was my Head of Faculty when I started at the school 7 years ago is very poorly. She has been fighting cancer since she took early retirement on health grounds some 3 or 4 years ago and has had another recurrence of the dread disease. She has decided now to have no more invasive treatment and is coming home. So very sad, we know that now it is only a matter of time as there is no more that can be done particularly as Liz is such a lovely, kind lady who welcomed me so warmly on my first day at the school - I had made a huge decision to try to improve the quality of life for my family - got a job in a completely new area of work for me, moved to the island, left my family behind whilst I tried to find somewhere to live and was here on my own, so the warmth of her welcome cannot be over estimated. Please may I ask that any readers of my blog add her and her family to your prayers? Thank you.

1 comment:

JAJjourneyahead said...

certainly jennie....consider it done. love j