Welcome to my site

Just a few jottings - - Random ramblings, occasional crafty creations & nature notes included. Trying to "Design a life I love" - succeeding I think -----.

Wednesday 28 February 2007

Beauty

Rolling waves worthy of the Atlantic ocean at Gansey this morning all with frothy white tops as the seahorses gallop in to shore. Gulls soar effortlessly over the bay outlined against the blue of the sky like children's drawings. Just across the road the lambs are all out in the fields now gambolling around their staid ewes with tails waggling behind them just like in the nursery rhyme BoPeep. All too short, this drive in to work each day, as we pass such wonderful scenery.

Rhiannon is busy doing the preliminary work for her Art GCSE and is on target and up to date with all her other subjects coursework, so she is feeling a lot happier - and feels she can concentrate on it now. She came in early with me again today. She is looking at her Further Education Options as well. I hope the school can offer her something appropriate for her. She would like to be with her friends I know, so hopefully the powers that be will put something together that suits them all.

Doug has laid the stepping stones in the garden - we chose a soft pinky sandstone colour which fits in with our mini "patio area"( which is such a small square of sandstone bricks that really can be called a patio at all)Looks quite good now though.

I'm looking forward to starting my Celebration Journal along with my friend Jamie in NYC, and several other like minded ladies. I have picked out my theme (I think) which is to be Time to Celebrate the season, and take the prompts from Jamie and adapt them to this. I have collected together my spring coloured cardstock and aim to use some of my stash that is just sitting around - stuff I bought when I first started scrapping before I had found my own style. I know that now I can mix and match these papers in a way I couldn't when I started scrapping and create something that is going to be in my style. We start on the first of March (tomorrow!! yippee) and go through til April 8th so it will include Easter.
Please feel free to join us - I will post the prompt and my page each day.

This was sent today by a friend - and so share it with all you beautiful women out there.

Audrey Hepburn’s Beauty Regime

 For attractive lips, speak words of kindness.
 For lovely eyes. seek out the good in people.
 For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry.
 For beautiful hair, let a child run his or her fingers through it once a day.
 For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone.
 People, even more than things, have to be restored, revived, reclaimed and redeemed; never through out anyone.
 Remember, if you ever need a helping hand at the end of each of your arms. As you grow older, you will discover you have two hands, one for helping yourself, the other for helping others.
 The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides.
 The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mode, but the true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows.
 The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.

Pass this on to a least 5 beautiful women.

1 comment:

JAJjourneyahead said...

love love love this beauty regime:) might have to pass it on. love j