Welcome to my site

Just a few jottings - - Random ramblings, occasional crafty creations & nature notes included. Trying to "Design a life I love" - succeeding I think -----.

Friday 15 February 2008

Swaps & other snippets


Friends H & A did come, as planned last week - for lunch yesterday, so we put the tourist industry to rights, organised better crafting opportunities on the island enjoyed lunch, chatted and even scrapped a little! I made a start on the Design Collective CJ I have currently, so am pleased about that. Even managed to send my 2 of 3 swaps, so really am quite pleased with myself. Found a box of kiddie jigsaws in one of the local charity shops so bought it for the princely sum of 50p - I have even managed to do a bit of altering so here is my first attempt at an altered jigsaw piece. I need to get practising as I am hoping to join in with an altered jigsaw swap on UKS - as soon as it goes up. I have my blank jigsaw and have picked a theme and am now collecting scraps and bit to go in a pizza box so I can do the project. Do hope I manage to sign up!
This piece is painted, then covered in Distress inks in 2 colours, stamped & embossed , then I added a scrap of acetate that I had covered in alcohol inks (2 shades again, stamped a Crafty Individuals image onto hand made paper, and added a few flower sequins, A bit of doodling and a dab of Stickles completed it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its stunning - light and pretty, I would love it!

Sharon said...

It si beautiful Jennie, I love the colours and you have used so many techniques.