Welcome to my site

Just a few jottings - - Random ramblings, occasional crafty creations & nature notes included. Trying to "Design a life I love" - succeeding I think -----.

Tuesday 11 December 2007

The Tree - December 11th


- - my tree - what can I say about it? I just love my Christmas Tree - It just wouldn't be Christmas without it. I love all my old fashioned ornaments, which include those made by the children. I have a mixture of a "themed" tree in that I do tend to stick with traditional colours - red gold silver white - and a sentimentalists tree with home made decorations and treasured items form my own and my children's childhood.I was planning on having a "Homes & Gardens" tree this year - all white, gold & silver - but I couldn't get the white lights to work - so went back to my usual of predominantly red, gold silver white - and the toys.
Here is the page from my Christmas Journal this year. It had to be a double page as my tree means Christmas to me - I have included the words to the Oh Tannenbaum Christmas Carol - in English of course and they are the words we sang at The Mission primary school - so think they might have been simplified for us - the versions I found on line used different words. TFL

No comments: