Welcome to my site

Just a few jottings - - Random ramblings, occasional crafty creations & nature notes included. Trying to "Design a life I love" - succeeding I think -----.

Saturday 1 September 2007

Had a wee break - -




- from blogging as we had to get a bit of holiday in, organise Sixth Form stuff for my youngest DD, catch up on the gardening etc etc. You know the real life stuff that has to be fitted in somehow!! . Anyway Doug and I have been to Co Antrim in Northern Ireland and we had a great short break.We drove along the Causeway Coastal Route - absolutely beautiful - and have gazed in stunned awe at the Giant's Causeway, gaped at the castles, ruins, cliffs and caves an d even pretty villages, to be found along this truly beautiful part of the world. The weather was kind as well - no rain - though we were prepared for it as we took cags with us LOL!
I have made a mini book with some of my many photographs and here are a couple of the pages.It isn't quite finished - I still need to add the final bits of journalling and finish the cover. The design is based on a class I did with Shimelle - I just love mini books and she has so many ideas for them!
I have also taken advantage of Shimelle's offer of a place on her Learn Something New Every Day Class - which I did last year and she has invited former students to join in this years class too. If you haven't done one if Shimelle's classes do see her blog - this one is a great place to start - I am looking forward to joining in again as I found that using her methods I do get more done in the scrapping line, and I have tried to keep the system going with my Design Collective stuff too - it helps me anyway as I am a slow scrapper at the best of times - spend far too much time finding my stuff!!!!!

No comments: