Welcome to my site

Just a few jottings - - Random ramblings, occasional crafty creations & nature notes included. Trying to "Design a life I love" - succeeding I think -----.

Saturday 13 January 2007

Tranquility

There is no need to go to India or anywhere else to find peace. You will find that deep place of silence right in your room, your garden, or even your bathtub.


--Elizabeth Kubler-Ross
Todays thought from A Fancy Word for Simple - - -
Sunday is very often my day of peace, as on many occasions I have the cottage to myself - or it usually feels like it. as often only Rhiannon will be in-in her room. I potter about in the quiet, and usually get to do a bit of scrapping.I do know that silence is essential to my well-being, and this - most tranquil of my homes gives it to me by the bucketful.Often the only sound to disturb the peace is the birdsong, from Cheeky or the busy little birds in the garden! Mostly the two go together!!

This home of mine wraps me in its peace and silence when I am here alone, and I love living here. The thick walls muffle the sounds of the worst of the weather that my island has thrown at it, however stormy and wild the wind might be.So indeed I do NOT need to go to India!

And here is another page


- - from my little Inspiration album. Which is why I came online in the first place and got distracted by Shimelle and her new class. I have lots of plans for this weekend, I hope to finish my Ornamental Memories album, which I signed up for with BigPicture Scrapbooking, before Christmas, didn't get to do (except download for future use,) BUT I did take lots of photos of my decorations, so am able to print out my pictures to go with the journalling - - and make another page for the 8x8 Calendar Album. Now need to get my supplies ready for the new class - so excited! I find Shimelle so inspirational

No comments: